Knowledge@Wharton User Agreement
ANY PERSON ACCESSING THE Knowledge@Wharton WEB SITE AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Copyright: All materials published on this site (including but not limited to images, text, illustrations and audio clips) are protected by the copyright laws of the United States or other jurisdictions and are owned or controlled by Knowledge@Wharton, or third party providers of the materials. The materials are provided solely for the personal noncommercial use of registered users of Knowledge@Wharton. Any copying, further distribution, commercial use or nonpersonal use of the images, texts, programs or other materials found in this site, without the express written consent of Knowledge@Wharton or the owner of the intellectual property involved, is strictly prohibited.
2. External Links: Knowledge@Wharton contains hyperlinks that will let you access other World Wide Web sites. These sites are not under the control of Knowledge@Wharton, and the trustees of the University of Pennsylvania assume no responsibility or liability for any material that may reside in any external web site. Knowledge@Wharton does not make any representations regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such site.
3. Content Submission: Certain areas of the Knowledge@Wharton web site allow for the exchange of information between User and the web site and Knowledge@Wharton, and the User expressly grants Knowledge@Wharton the authority and right to use that content in any way.
4. Accuracy of Information: Knowledge@Wharton endeavors to keep information available on the Knowledge@Wharton site accurate. However, Knowledge@Wharton makes no guarantee of any kind, either expressed or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy, or validity of the opinions, data and/or information available. User acknowledges that any reliance upon such opinions, data and/or information obtained from or through Knowledge@Wharton is at the sole risk of the User.
5. Disclaimer: The Knowledge@Wharton services and all downloadable software are offered on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. The User assumes all responsibility for use of the Knowledge@Wharton web site and waives all claims against Knowledge@Wharton that may arise from utilization of this site. Further, Knowledge@Wharton shall in no event be liable for any damages or losses, including without limitation, direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages resulting from or caused by this web site or its content, including without limitation from User’s use or inability to use the site, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or any error or omissions in content.
7. Indemnity: User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Knowledge@Wharton, and all officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach of the User Agreement by User or any user of User’s account including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees.
8. Abuse of Services: User agrees that he/she will not, in any way, modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in Knowledge@Wharton, nor will User decompile, reverse engineer, dissemble or otherwise unlawfully use any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets or other proprietary information contained in Knowledge@Wharton.
9. General: This User Agreement has been made and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Pennsylvania law. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Any term, condition, or provision of this Agreement that is determined for any reason to be unlawful, invalid, void or unenforceable, shall not affect any other portion of this Agreement.